Monday, May 4, 2009
This photo is the fixed version of my bubby and I. To be honest, I didn't really think it was going to take as long as it actually did. I am happy with the way it turned out but in hindsight, I think it would have been neat to try a few other kinds of pictures like black and white or a really beat up old picture. Using these tools to touch up has really showed me how much you can do with photoshop. This was my best work in Photoshop.
These two pieces are my best work from InDesign. This piece was particularly difficult because of how much text needed to be crammed into such a small space. My favorite part is the front of the brochure. Initially, the front was all black but I really wanted to add more color so I started to mess around with the HOMETOWN title at the bottom. Then i decided it still needed more so I added the circle in the back of Mickey. Another thing I really like about this piece is the coloring of the titles. I think that is one of it's stronger attributes. Also, the organization of the whole brochure is a strong part of the piece. Out of all of my InDesign pieces, this one took me the longest but in the long run is definitally my favorite!!
This piece I had a really fun time creating. I liked the way that i used all of the book bindings for my type. The one thing I would have done differently looking back is to take these into Photoshop and clean up the bindings of the books but with all things considered, I still really like this piece. I used this piece for my best creative concept.
This piece I used for my best design structure. I felt that this one used the most of what we learned about design. The proportions and the sizing of the type and the structure were all really taken into account while working on this piece. Looking at it now, it is a little plain and could use some more detail but I also like the simplicity of it.
This is my favorite marker comp. This is also my best example of copy fitting. The marker comp and the actual matched up almost perfectly as far as the type goes and it made things a lot easier to take to the next stage of the design process.