Friday, March 20, 2009

Kristin's Chili Cook Off Poster

The chili with the wording as the outline was the composition that I chose.  There is a lot of movement through the piece with the waves of the pepper.  I would consider dropping the dash between cook and off thought.  To me it throws the piece off a bit.  In the next composition, I think the bottom line of the pepper should come a little bit closer to the top line at the tip.  Consider a very bold font for the title because there is a lack of negative space.  Watch the edges also because there is no bleed for this project so nothing can be touching the edge.  It needs something so there is not so much white space...bolder lines perhaps? Maybe filling in the leaves...something needs to really grab you and pull you in because at first the wording as the outline of the pepper is not that noticeable which I think is really cool.  I like the simplicity of it from far away and the intricateness of it up close.  Very neat work and great use of space.  Good work!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree about the dash between "Cook" and "Off". I didn't really like that in the first place, but I didn't know if I could do without it... I didn't think too much about the bleed, but you make a good point - I need it.

    As far as negative space goes, I like that there is some white space because the pepper, itself, is such a bold part that there doesn't need to be too much else going on. But the bolder lines would definitely look better!

    Thanks, man.

    ReplyDelete